Friday, November 22, 2013

Berlin Aquarium

On a past trip to Berlin, Germany I was extremely excited to find out they had an aquarium close to the hotel I was staying at.  In between the beer gardens and work, I managed to find the time to sneak in and check it out.
Unique overhead view of the Malawi display

Just a ton of Malawi tossed into this display

 Considering Germany is one of the great epicenters of Cichlid keeping, I was really looking forward to visiting this aquarium.  Unfortunately, it is very underwhelming.  The displays are very old and in need of upkeep.  The selection of fish was fairly standard with nothing unique standing out.  The displays themselves were rather small.  All in all, I have seen some better displays at various fish stores.  Oh well!  I guess they cant all be home runs.
Wait, how did this sneak in here?
A nice Discus display
Pirahna's

No comments:

Post a Comment